Non-Degree Seeking Student

A non-degree student is any student who has not met the necessary admission requirements or is not pursuing a degree or vocational program. Credits earned cannot be used toward a degree, diploma, or certificate until all admissions requirements have been satisfied and all college credit records have been evaluated by the Registrar.

Non-degree students are not eligible to:
  • Receive any Title IV financial aid
  • Receive G.I. Bill benefits
  • Apply for a degree.

1. Submit an Application

        APPLY NOW 
  • ​​Non-refundable $35 application fee*
    • Students who meet one of the following criteria are exempt from the application fee:
      • You previously paid the application fee
      • You are active duty military and as proof provide one of the following:
        • Common Access Card (CAC) - verified in person only
        • Military ID indicating Active Duty Status - verified in person only
        • Leave and Earning Statement (LES)
        • Orders indicating Active Duty Status
These documents may be faxed to the admissions office at 701-224-2500 or emailed to

2. ON - Campus Students Documented Proof of Immunity to the Following Diseases

  • measles, mumps, and rubella 2 doses if student was born after 1/1/1957
  • meningitis (meningococcal) - meningitis information
    • all students 21 years of age and younger must provide documentation of vaccination of meningitis
    • vaccination must be AFTER age 16
    • NOTE: Meningococcal-B is a separate meningitis vaccination. It does NOT meet the NDUS requirement

Exemptions to this policy may be granted if your beliefs preclude participation in an immunization program. 

3. Submit Placement Test Scores or Transcripts

Placement test scores or college transcripts are required of students enrolling in English, math or courses that have a pre-requisite. The college transcript will only be used for placement and will not be officially evaluated. For details regarding placement test scores please click here.

4. Non-Degree Seeking Form

This form is also available while completing the admission application.

What if I want to change from non-degree seeking to degree seeking? 

  1. Notify Admissions office of change
  2. Complete a BSC application for admission declaring a new major
  3. Complete all admissions requirements
  4. This will go into effect the start of the following semester
 If you have questions with any part of this process, feel free to connect with an  Admissions Counselor or call 701-224-5429.