Transfer Credits

Students who wish to attend Bismarck State College and have attended other colleges or universities must provide the Admissions Office with all official and complete transcripts. Students need to request all transcripts be officially sent (in a sealed envelope) from the schools to: Bismarck State College, Attn: Admissions, PO Box 5587, Bismarck, ND  58506.

Once your transcript(s) are received, and you have been admitted to BSC, your transcripts will be evaluated by the Academic Records office.

If you require a Student Agreement, please complete the Student Agreement Request Form

Bismarck State College awards credit for Military Training Programs as outlined by the American Council on Education (ACE). A maximum of 45 semester hours of non-traditional college credit (e.g., AP, CLEP, military training, BSC challenge test credit, portfolio development, prior learning, and courses covered under high school articulation agreements) may be applied to an associate's degree, diploma, or certificate at BSC.

If you want your military training credits to be recorded on your Bismarck State College Transcript please complete the Credit for Military Training Programs Form
BSC accepts credits for college-level course work earned at any college, university, or postsecondary institution which is accredited by any of the six regional post-secondary higher education commissions in the United States.

Many students transfer to BSC each year from community colleges and accredited universities and colleges. This link is a guide to help with transfer equivalency questions.
Request your Joint Service Transcripts

If you have any questions about these forms, please contact the Military Affairs Office, by email at for more information.